“…And some of them just might be recipes.” That line from the contact section of my blog has been haunting me of late. I started this blog in 2014 and I did intend to share my recipes with you but I never got around to it. To think that I completely forgot, and I cook quite a lot! So anyway I would very much like to start now and what better way to start than to share with you my fool proof hungry girl pasta, well also because I just made it and it was yum!
This is my go to recipe when I am really hungry or sick or homesick or in a rush because you can basically make it with ingredients that you have lying around the house and in the fridge. I have several pasta recipes that I will share but for now, let’s cook some hungry girl pasta shall we?
prep time 25 minutes
- For this recipe you’ll need:
- Any kind of pasta you have
- Fresh tomatoes and pepper
- Onions, carrots, and green peppers
- Fresh garlic and ginger
- A table spoon of butter
- Chicken or any protein you have at hand
- Seasoning cubes, salt, curry and thyme
- Milk and cheese (optional)
This is a one pot meal and there is no serious method or strict preparation to it so this is my version of it.
- Step 1: prep all your ingredients. Dice the garlic, sausages, ginger, onions, tomatoes, green pepper and red peppers into tiny pieces.
- Step 2: cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, remove the skin and debone it if you can but if you can’t its fine. When you’re done, wash your hands thoroughly before you touch anything else because you’ve just handled raw meat.
- Step 3: put the chicken in the pot along with all your diced ingredients, add some water, salt, seasoning cubes, curry and thyme and leave to boil. Allow it to boil a while because you want the chicken to absorb some of the stock before you add the milk.
- Step 4: add the pasta right into the pot with the chicken and then add the milk until it slightly covers the pasta and the chicken. (You can use any kind of milk you have, even powdered milk dissolved in water) and if you don’t want to use milk you can just add water, I like milk because it makes it really creamy. Add the sausages and stir evenly and taste for seasoning, if it’s not seasoned to your taste, add whatever you think is missing.
- Step 5: stir every five minutes, add a little milk or water if the pasta is still tough and if you have any cheese lying around, and toss it in as well. When it’s almost dry, add the carrots and don’t stir, allow the steam to cook it through so it still has a little crunch and voila! Hungry girl pasta is ready. I used smoked turkey for the recipe in this picture but it is still the same procedure for any kind of protein.
Try it out guys and let me know if you want me to share more recipes.